Since 1929 St. Michael’s Mission has been offering crucial services to some of our most disadvantaged and vulnerable citizens. Our motto, “More Than Just a Bowl of Soup” speaks to the welcome that greets everyone who walks through our red door and goes beyond a hot meal to include valuable support, guidance and community. Our clients include men and women who are experiencing food insecurity, homelessness, isolation, mental illness, addictions and poverty.
Come Visit Us!
We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal at 1101 Stanley Street, Montréal H3B 2S6.
St. Michael’s Provides
- Basic frontline services including meals and snacks, daytime respite from the street, clean clothing and hygiene assistance.
- Psychosocial intervention, active listening and support, and practical assistance to navigate Quebec’s healthcare and social welfare systems.
- References to social workers, medical professionals, legal aid and others.
- Activities including educational, social, and recreational programmes and workshops.
- Help finding solutions to problems of mental illness, drug and alcohol dependence, and gambling, among others.
St. Michael’s by the numbers
Every day we welcome roughly 250 individuals through our door. Our little Mission provides:
Meals a Year
Showers a Year
Clothing Items a Year
Food Bags a Year
Emergency Food Distributions a Year
Interventions a Year
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Showers 9:00-11:30, 1:00-2:30
Clothing depot Mondays and Thursdays 1:00-2:45
St. George’s Anglican Church located at 1101 Stanley Street, Montréal H3B 2S6.
Food Bag Programme
1 food bag (value $70) per month offered to people who have an apartment or room. This programme runs from the 15th to the end of every month. ID and proof of address required.
2000 food bags are distributed each year
How You Can Help
We welcome individuals, employers/corporations and educational institutions to support our activities by volunteering in our kitchen, pantry, clothing depot and throughout our centre.
Over 150 volunteers reach out to help us every year! Thanks so much.
To volunteer with us, or to brainstorm on how your group can help, please email us at: